Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feb 18 Meeting

Kids Against Hunger needs help unloading (and loading) food tonight at 5:30 and Saturday morning at 10:30. Meet at the Manual Arts building. Lee Saathoff apparently does a lot of transporting supplies between the MA and CLS (our shipping/receiving location.) He is one of those unsung heros.

The House committe needs help putting things away after our weekly meetings. Set-up is pretty well under control, but John needs help cleaning up. Talk to John or Doug N. if you are willing to be a regular helper.

Linda Stark was the winner of today's Atta Kiwanian drawing for all the work she does with the Aktion Club. Another unsung hero.

Doug Edwards reported that the Hastings College (I think) basketball game will be streamed live on the web, so if you are a fan, check it out.

Mike Johnson's church is holding a spaghetti feed. Part of the proceeds will go to Kids Against Hunger. The time is 5:30 to 7:30 pm, but I am not sure of the date. Tonight? Tomorrow? Mike has tickets, or they will be available at the door. (Next week I will take better notes.)

Today we had a good program with Shawn Scott and Brent Weston. They managed to fit one and a half hours of information into 30 minutes. Very interesting. I wish I could vote on the issue. Shawn is a Kenesaw native--he graduated with my son-in-law, Trent Sidders. In fact, he and Trent lived together for a while when Trent was in law school and Shawn was at UNL. Shawn was a shop teach at Kenesaw for a year, and then went back for his Masters. It is fun see the little kids we used to know grow into successful adults. This is the first time I've heard him speak, except on TV. I was duly impressed.

1 comment:

  1. I believe the spaghetti feed is tomorrow Friday. I will try to get the audio out to the web yet tonight and double check on that. Also, on Saturday we will be starting at 10:00 am to unload supplies for KAH. Dan Rutt tells me he has lined up 5-7 strong, ready, willing and able young men to help tonight, thank you Dan! Since Dan has saved the day so to speak for tonight, I am going to be on "standby" as I have another obligation at 7:00pm but I plan to help out Saturday morning. Thanks for taking this on Joan! It gives me a little relief as I just have not been able to get it to the web site. I will be better about posting the audo right away but I am going to cease the summaries of our meetings. I want to change things up a little and devote more time and web space to pictures and media such as TV coverage and newspaper articles.

    ReplyDelete