Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Past Two Weeks

I missed posting the last two meetings, so here is what I remember two weeks later. The Annual Meeting on May 20 was festive and would have been perfect EXCEPT for the fact that I smelled the saurkraut as soon as I walked into the room. So I did not eat, although I am sure many other members enjoyed the dinner. The Annual Meeting is when we elect four new Board members to replace the four who are leaving September 30, at the end of their two year term. New Board members are Dave Edwards, Heather Bolte, Eric Buderus (sorry, Eric, if I didn't spell your last name correctly. I will learn how, I promise) and George Howard. Our new vice-president, who will take over as president in two years is John Boltz. Ashley Hajny was inducted as our newest (and youngest)member. She was also celebrating her birthday AND as Key Club president, it was her job to give the annual Key-Club-Year-in-Review. It was a very good presentation. Ashley always does an excellent job at the podium--she truly speaks from the heart. Greeters were Scot DeWitt and George Howard; Ashley Hajny gave the invocation. Dave Kempf was K of the Day. Guests were Dr. Charles Newman, Dan Saalfeld (who is in the process of filling out an application) and Kiley (I don't have her last name in my notes, but she was from Key Club. Perhaps she was a scholarship winner? Somebody please chime in with the facts.) Six members attended the recent leadership training (Don Siffring, trainer; Dave Kempf, tech guy; Joan Bittfield, John Boltz, Karen Kempf, and Darrell Nelson.) Atta Kiwanian winner was Ken Franzen for his work in the winterization project last fall. Five people were happy (Dave Kempf, Ashley Hajny, Karen Kempf, Doug Edwards, and Father Bensen, but only Anne Castek was DELIRIOUSLY happy because she is getting married in two weeks.

On to the May 27th meeting. Chuck Hastings and Rob Lloyd were greeters; Darrell Nelson gave the invocation. Lunch was (what looked like) beef over rice. It appeared to have an Oriental-type flair (flare?) Susan Price turned in a membership app--yay! I sponsored her. Anne Castek is getting married this weekend, so we passed around a card. I found out that Ashley Hajny will take the pictures of the event. (Digital, not film. I asked her.) One of our upcoming events is a fire detector installation project. We also passed around an interest survey to see if we were in willing to help with a playground installation and a circus promotion. The Atta Kiwanian winner is Neil Grothen. Darla Bruna and Ashley Hajny were both happy. The K of the Day Heather Bolte. A program on Big Brothers-Big Sisters (pretty interesting) was presented by Darci Meyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment