Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday March 8

Thanks to Dave and Karen for their comments on my recent posting. Dave, you are probably right. This will catch on in time. I think I am going to contact the guy from Spencer Iowa Kiwanis who urged us to set up and blog and see what makes his work. Karen, I appreciated your comments on the Facebook aspect. I am a little clumsy in using Facebook, but I actually did a little chatting the other night to a friend and to my son. I notice you are also often available to chat. I am not really sure what being a fan entails, so I guess I will become a fan of something and see how it goes. See you both tomorrow, I imagine. I am going to the Youth in Harmony concert tonight at the French Chapel.

2 comments:

  1. I have modified our home page to make the links much more prominent to both the Facebook link and the link to this blog. I have also added a button to the navigation bar on the left, that leads to this blog. This should make it much easier for members to find their way here. I can also do some more bulk mailings. I have been trying to "computerize" our club for over 2 years and seem to only have a small handful of "followers" so don't get discouraged. I have come a long way but wish, at times, that there was greater progress. I think a lot of people still have not caught up with technology and technology is not standing still so the gap is only getting bigger. It can be very intimidating to many people. All I can say is, don't be afraid to jump in feet first, it can be a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I like your bigger links on the Kiwanis Home page. And Joan, don't be fooled by the Face Book indications that I am on line. I have Face Book set up as one of two Home Pages (Hastings Tribune being the other), so any time I have the internet open my FB is open even though I may not have looked at it at all. And Dave can tell you I am notorious for leaving programs open as I run off for appts. or even go home! So, if you talk to me and I don't respond, I'm not snubbing you or anyone else who may be trying to get my attention - I'm just not there!! :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete