Monday, April 12, 2010

Post by Neil Grothen About Kiwanis One Day

(I got this in my email from Neil who really wanted to post this on our blog. Thank you Neil. JB)

It was not my intention of writing a blog, but I accidently hit the "create blog" title on top of the Kiwanis blog. That took me to another page where I signed in, and before I knew it I was trapped in writing something on this page. Maybe I will cancel everything before I finish.
Kiwanis One Day went very well! I agree with Tom Genung, when he said it was a blast!! Before working at Prairie Loft Center I stopped by the Highland Park Arboretum to take a few pictures for the Astonisher. It was my understanding that they planted 31 trees that morning! Nine more trees will be planted this week. Don Siffiring, for sure, will be helping with that. Those who were working over there, when I arrived, were Don S., Greg Schultz, John Boltz, Gary Aadland, Jim Karloff, and Tom Genung. Since everyone was scattered throughout the park planting trees, I may have missed seeing all of the Kiwanians helping over there. Hopefully someone else will blog about the tree planting project over there, and will fill in more details.
At Prairie Loft Center, there were 6 Kiwanians working there, Matt and Kaleena Fong, Karen Kempf, Kathy Schultz, Tom Genung, and myself. It was a blast! According to Amy Sandeen, the director of Prairie Loft, Kiwanis planted a bunch of shrubs over there three years ago. We cleaned out the shrubs and remulched them. Matt and Kaleena refurbished the landscaping around one of the signs. We also landscaped around the house out there. I got to go now. You will probably hear more about it some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment