Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April Fool's Meeting

Here is a synopsis of the meeting.

Patrick Crawford and Jim Lewis were greeters; Renee Johnson gave the invocation. The meal was turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans, so I was happy. There were no guests this week. Doug Nienhueser was back from Las Cruces, so Dave Kempf was happy to return to his position of president-in-waiting for the next few months.

Dave urges us all to keep checking the sign-ups on our website. One-Day is Saturday, April 10. Help is needed there, and at the Brain Team (Book Fair) on April 16 and Healthy Kids on April 17. Tonight at 7pm Chuck Hastings could use 3-4 helpers unpacking food supplies at the KAH site. Also KAH is continually looking for more facilitators.

The next board meeting is April 13 and so far we have two new people to approve for membership, with the hope that we have 1 or 2 more beyond that.

Pancake net income is running behind last year, in part because we had to purchase sausage this year, whereas in the past Armour donated it. If you are still sitting on your ticket money, please turn it in.

Ken Pittz was drawn as this week's Atta Kiwanian, for which he receives free lunch next meeting.

Ten people were happy this week, but I'll be darned if I can remember why. Someone is going to Hawaii, I know.

Don Goodrich and Mary Plock led us in a few songs.

Heather Bolte was K of the Day. She introduced us to the speaker, Kim Grothen from Mary Lanning Hospital, who facilitated a question and answer session on the Lifeline Program, in which, for $33 dollars a month, the elderly and infirm can reach emergency help in case of a fall or other accident. Pardon me, Dr. Strasheim and English teachers everywhere for the above very long run-on sentence (The Lifeline sounds very good to me. Five years ago, on a Saturday morning when I was home alone, I fell and broke my leg. It took me over two hours to crawl along my carpeted--and not very clean--bedroom floor to the phone. You may wonder why my dog did not come to my rescue, as did I. Apparently she is too young to remember "Lassie" because she was of no use to me whatsoever.)

Please come to the meeting Thursday, and if you are interested, to the Board meeting on April 13 at noon at the OK. Same room.

I make no claims that this info is 100% accurate, but it is pretty much the way things happened!

1 comment:

  1. I may be wrong, but didn't Doug say the Bd Mtg couldn't be in the same room because of voting. And in addition, he said that only Bd members should come and not committee chairs - i.e. - ME!

    ReplyDelete