Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Food Pantry Helped May 18

Eureka! I'm always happy when a job takes less time than anticipated! Ken Stein is also happy, because he got his trailer back! To top the happiness, Food Pantry is happy to get so much food!
On May 8, Kiwanis members helped load and sort, into Ken's trailer, two and 1/2 tons of food collected by the mail carriers for the Hastings Food Pantry. Late afternoon, today, May 18, some of our Kiwanis members volunteered to assist Hastings Food Pantry people store the food in their building. The Food Pantry workers seemed very grateful to get help! In just 1/2 hour we were ready to go home. However, Ken Stein and Jim Krebsbach had gotten there earlier than the rest of us. I even got home before Joyce threw out my supper. (actually, she wouldn't do that anyway.)
Kiwanians who helped today included Jim K. (he came with his bicycle), Kathy Hohensee, Ken Stein, Mary Peterson, and Mary's son Joe, and myself (I don't think I was very good help, but I was there.) I don't think I have missed anyone this time. When I blogged about the May 8 event, I failed to mention that Erik Buderus helped then.
neil g

No comments:

Post a Comment